Objects of the Society
The Society shall be called the Chorleywood and District Horticultural Society.
Objects – to encourage horticulture among members by means of:
- Flower, fruit and vegetable shows and like competition
- Advice on horticultural problems
- Visits to paces of horticultural interest
- Social meetings of members
- A life membership shall be £35.00 per household
- The annual subscription, which becomes due 1st January shall be £3.50 per household
Exhibitors & Members –
- Exhibitors and members must reside or work within 3 miles of Chorleywood Railway Station. Members who have moved out of the area may retain their membership and continue to exhibit.
- Grandchildren (under 16 years and wherever they live) of any member may place entries in the children’s section of any show.
- The Society shall be managed by the officers and committee.
- Officers and Committee, with the exception of the President and Vice Presidents, shall retire annually, but be eligible for re-election at the Annual General Meeting
- The Society is affiliated to both the Royal Horticultural Society and Royal National Rose Society – click here to see benefits.